Currency Press is proud to announce a short script-writing prize for young people to celebrate our 50th birthday in 2021.
We are asking for pieces of writing for the stage, in the form of a monologue, dialogue or short scene of no more than 500 words, about anything you like! The only rule is that the word ‘FIFTY’ must appear somewhere in the script.
The Currency Press Award is open to anyone in Australia aged 18 or below on the date of submission.
The award will be judged by playwright, Emily Sheehan (Hell’s Canyon, Daisy Moon Was Born This Way).
Entries open: Monday, 17 May 2021.
Submissions due: 5pm, Friday, 9 July 2021.
Shortlist announced: Friday, 13 August 2021.
Winner announced: Friday, 27 August 2021.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Open to all people 18 years or under.
Entry is free via the Google submission form below.
The winning writer will receive $250, second place $100, third place $50.To be eligible for The Currency Press Award, pieces must:
* be maximum 500 words in length and include the word ‘FIFTY’ in the script;
* take the form of a monologue, dialogue or short scene but must be written for performance;
* be unpublished and unproduced (work in progress showings, readings or scratch performances for a non-paying audience do not count as a production);
* be unencumbered by agreements for future production or publication;
* be the original work of the writer;
* be written by someone who is 18 or under and a resident of Australia on 28 June 2021.
In sending us your piece you assure us that you have read the eligibility criteria for The Currency Press Award. You declare your eligibility under the criteria listed. If a writer is found to be ineligible the entry will be disqualified. You guarantee you are the sole copyright holder of all material used.
Writers may submit only one piece for consideration.
The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The judges reserve the right to decide any questions of eligibility, to publish a shortlist and/or not make an award.
The three winners will be published on the Currency Press website for six months. The writers retain copyright at all times.
Submitting your script:
Please attach file to this form as a PDF or Word file.
Please do not print your name anywhere on the script or in the file name. All entries are judged anonymously.
Entries that do not fulfill these requirements will be deemed ineligible.
Entries must be received by 5pm, 9 July 2021.
All enquiries should be directed to [email protected]